Software Developer Linux - SUSE Tools and Utilities
26 September 2013, Suse
The job is to develop and improve Tools and Utilities that we at SUSE use for operations and processes within the engineering subsidiary of the SUSE Business Unit. In general the task is to develop and package Linux software projects.
We are looking for candidates with the following set of skills:
- at least one year of experience in software development on Linux systems
- hands-on knowledge of managing and configuring Linux systems
- good understanding of client-server based applications
- proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. C or C++), complemented by one scripting language like python and/or shell-scripting
- usage of a relational database as data backend for applications
- Beyond these, we consider any of the following skills or properties a plus:
- more than 2 years of experience in application development
- good understanding and substantial experience with SUSE Linux
- working knowledge of RPM-spec-files and building RPM-packages
- hands-on experience with SLES-based Linux systems
- continuous contribution to an Open Source software project
SUSE®, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow. For more information, visit us at www.suse.com.