Software Development Sr. Engineer Platform Manageability (C++ Linux\Unix)
24 October 2014, Dell
Dell is the home of the award-winning Dell Storage area network (SAN) products, which simplify the way businesses of all sizes store and protect information. Now part of a new lineup of Dell storage solutions, the Dell Storage PS Series is the industry's leading family of iSCSI-based midrange enterprise disk arrays. The Dell Storage brand dominates its segment of the SAN market, which is the fastest growing area of the storage industry. In this dynamic business of helping world-class companies evolve and manage their storage infrastructure, our customers represent a "Who's Who" of global corporations across multiple industries. They choose to work with us not only for our leading-edge technology that simplifies IT, but also because of the enormous intellectual capital that is here - our exceptional employees.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to join the Platform development team whose responsibilities include the development of large scale embedded software within a growing Engineering Department. Candidate will be part of a team focusing on design and implementation of new and existing Dell Storage products/features.
· Contribute to the development of a commercially available software product on a UNIX platform in a senior capacity
· Employ new technologies to solve difficult problems
· Work with senior staff to plan and size individual projects
· Prioritize and design enhancements; and produce high-quality, well-tested code
· Interact effectively with members of the various technical teams within our engineering organization
· BE or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 8yrs + Hands on software development experience
· Must have strong hands on C++ design & implementation skills
· Proven Expertise in storage technologies including RAID, SCSI, FC/iSCSI, Replication would be a great plus
· Practical hands-on development experience in one or more of the following areas : systems programming, Device Drivers, Kernel subsystems like File-Systems, Virtual Memory
· Experience in dealing with concurrent multithread programming, spinlocks, interrupts and related systems programing concepts
· Experience in either Linux, UNIX variants & OS internals
· Experience in developing distributed Systems will be an advantage
· Proven track record of designing, developing and delivering features/projects in an independent fashion
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.