Quality Assurance Engineer
13 November 2013, SUSE
The SUSE Quality Assurance department has teams located in Germany, the Czech Republic and China. The QA teams work in close collaboration with all departments in SUSE Engineering. Together they persue a high overall quality to provide the customers with topnotch SUSE Linux products.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will test various SUSE Linux Enterprise products. You will have access to our enterprise class test infrastructure and be involved in enabling new technologies and hardware. You will develop, adapt and improve test cases in your area of expertise and follow up on defects reported. You will use and extend our automated test frame work. You will also work along with product leaders and developers. You are responsible for executing tests and test plans in a timely maner to keep our high quality standards.
- Define, document, implement and review test criteria for assigned components
- Execute assigned test plans and follow up on discovered defects
- Improve and maintain our existing test tools and the related test cases
- Provide detailed reports for your assigned tasks
Required skills include:
- BCS or equivalent experience
- Strong dedication to quality
- Broad Linux knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Advanced scripting skills (e.g. bash)
- Advanced skills in C, Perl, Python or PHP are a plus
- Good communication and negotiation skills (English)
- Experience in the SUSE Linux Enterprise family and openSUSE is a plus