Systems Engineer - DevOps
20 October 2014, Amazon Web Services, Full Time, Berlin, Germany
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced system engineer with a passion for software development and operating high-scale distributed services.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on engineer with an established background in distributed systems, complex architectures, and/or data storage.
You will be responsible to architect and develop a highly scalable distributed system, and operating that service as a highly-available, mission-critical system. You should have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You'll be surrounded by wickedly smart software developers and systems engineers who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class software is critical to customer success. You'll become a master at designing and developing services to manage the AWS platform. You'll be engaged in so many interesting things that you'll think you're at a start-up.
- 4+ years of expertise administering Linux operating systems
- Experience in scripting and programming for systems administration using one or more of the following: Ruby, Perl, Python, and shell
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Network administration experience
- Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with metrics acquisition and analysis, including log processing and regular expressions programming
- Experience maintaining large scale Linux implementations
- Experience developing web-based system monitoring and mitigation tools
- Experience in managing and scaling databases
- Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with Chef or Puppet are a plus
- Start-up experience