Linux Support Engineer
20 October 2014, SUSE
* Troubleshoot and provide accurate and timely resolution to customer issues
* Prevent customer issues by writing technical documents and sending helpful technical information to customers
* Occasional customer on-site visits within China
* Document solutions to known issues
* Help other team members to resolve technical issues.
* Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Management of Information Systems OR equivalent knowledge gained from practical
experience. Previous technical work experience is clearly preferred.
* Solid technical know-how related to current versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9/10/11.
* Solid Linux technical know-how, Familiar with Linux kernel, Memory manager, File system, Network Stack, Shell Script.
* High program skilled in C/C++ and assembly language, Familiar with multi-thread programming.
* Fluent written and verbal communication in Chinese, Good ability for reading and writing English.
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, communications, and public relations skills necessary.
* Must have excellent customer handling skills and be used to working in environments with high levels of stress, dealing with complex technical issues whilst managing customer expectations during systems down situations.
* Familiar with the Intel architecture is a plus.
* Experienced in R&D of large-scale software development and project management is a plus.