Architect - Virtualization
15 October 2013, F5
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
About the team
Technology leadership and scalable architecture is the heart and soul of F5 products. Our customers depend on F5 staying at the leading edge of technical innovation and performance. The architecture team is the guardian and instigator for F5 product technology, features, and performance. Our team works with the development teams to maintain technical leadership and to maintain the highest standards for quality, functionality, and performance. If you love working with the latest technology, if you love IP networks, if you love computer engineering then come join the architecture team build next generation products.
This position is responsible for creating and helping to execute the vision for F5’s next generation products with a particular emphasis on Cloud, Virtualization, and SDN technologies. The successful candidate will create technology solutions and work closely with development managers and senior engineers to define requirements, approve designs, and review implementation to ensure the creation of industry-leading solutions.
- Work with customers, sales, support, and product management to create technologies that solve customer problems.
- Implement features. This includes helping create and define functional specifications, working with development managers and their teams to define designs that address the requirements, and participating in code reviews.
- Prototype solutions/algorithms as needed to help solve technical issues during development and collaborate with other architects in the PD organization to leverage other technologies, and share new technologies with others.
- Monitor integration efforts and intervene when necessary.
- Explain and promote new technologies to other organizations and customers as needed.
- Technical ownership of design and implementation.
- BS or higher in computer sciences or equivalent.
- At least Ten years of experience.
- Proven record of providing hands on technical leadership in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong SW engineering and design skills. Familiarity with language design a plus.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as vCloud, AWS, OpenStack, and CloudStack and designing Cloud Services
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies such as ESXi, KVM, Xen
- Familiarity with SDN technologies such as Open vSwitch, OpenFlow, VXLAN, NVGRE, Intel DPDK
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques and performance measurement methodologies for networking systems
- Familiarity with application delivery controllers, firewalls, or other stateful network devices.
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so.
- Solid coding skills, and familiarity with Linux.
- Good understanding of HW/SW interaction.
- Experience working on complex products created by multiple teams.
- Good interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.